Spring 2019 Pre-Registration
Registration is open to all Freshman, Sophomores, transfers and students returning from leaves of absence on a first-come first-served basis. Students with special circumstances should clarify their status with their Dean before registration. These procedures are the same to register for any DWC course.
DWC Lectures and Associated Seminars
Please choose the lecture and seminar that best fits your schedule. A chart of lectures and associated seminars for DWC 102, and for DWC 202 will be available soon. Note that there are three seminars at each available time.
Spring 2019 Registration
Students may make adjustments to their schedules during general registration and transfer into any course that has open seats. Over-enrollments must follow the procedure outlined below for course changes. Please click on this link to view the DWC 102 CRN List including all Lectures and associated Seminars.
Course Changes after Registration
After registration, students are free to make course adjustments and transfer into any course that has open seats. Students who believe they need to over-enroll must fill out this Course Change Request Form completely. Please note that these requests will only be considered under certain circumstances. The Director of Western Civilization Program has the right to refuse any and all requests if the request does not meet the required criteria.
Accepted reasons for course changes:
- The student’s courses have changed to accommodate a course required for their major, that they must take this particular semester (a note from the student’s adviser is required).
- Changes in athletic practice or competition schedule (a note from the coach or athletic director is required).
- Changes in academic status (premission from the Dean is required).
- Other special circumstances affecting a student (documentation may be required).
Non-accepted reasons for course changes:
- The course is scheduled too early in the morning.
- The course is scheduled too late in the day.
- The student prefers another professor.
- The days the course is scheduled are not desirable.
The Course Change Request Form needs to be submitted in person to the DWC office, Ruane 237.
Q. What should I do if I was not able to register during pre-registration?
A. If you did not register during pre-registration (for example, you had a hold on your account), you should register for a course during general registration. At the end of general registration, you should either be in a course, or on a waitlist.
Q. What should I do if I would prefer to be in a different course?
A. If the course you want to transfer into has open seats, you must drop your current course and add the new course. If there are no open seats, you may drop your current course and be added to the waitlist, but we recommend you not move to a waitlist with more than 2.
Q. Can I be over-enrolled into a course I prefer?
A. See above, Course Changes after Registration.
Any Further Questions:
Please stop by the DWC office, Ruane 237, or email firstname.lastname@example.org